Friday, May 11, 2007

Bienvenue

So, this is Blog number what for me now? I started out at Diaryland, moved over to MSN Spaces and have now migrated over to Blogspot. Clearly I have too much free time on my hands to be setting up and writing a new blog during work hours, but I am completely filled with apathy for work right now.

What I am excited about is going house hunting for the second weekend in a row this weekend. My goal: find a house to make an offer on this weekend. We almost had luck with that on Monday until we found out that the house we liked had already had a full-price, cash offer made for it. There was another house that we liked a lot that we may still go with: we call it the Egyptian Palace because it is filled with all sorts of paintings and artifacts relating to ancient Egypt. The basement is not really very good at all, except that it has a fantastic area for an artist studio and the basement area can easily hold a gym and games area. It's just not a good place for a home theater, which is a bit of a bummer. But, the living room is nice (but requires addition of hardwood floors), and the house is made for entertaining out in the boonies, which I like too.

Hmm...maybe that house is what I'm looking for - it would require some work (removing carpet from the master bath?!) and doing the hardwoods (eventually) in the kitchen and family room, but other than that, it's good to go. We'll see.



In the meantime, I need to check in with Erin and see how my godson Luke is doing these days. He's getting through his first week of daycare and both Luke and mom are experiencing some separation anxiety, which I am sure is something that every new mom and child go through and Erin shouldn't feel guilty for feeling anxious nor for being happy to be back at work amongts colleagues and adults again after her maternity leave.



No comments: